DJI released the DJI Zenmure H3-3D gimbal to make life a lot easier for the professional grade cinematographers.
With regard to specifications, the DJI Zenmuse H3-3D is almost similar to the DJI Zenmuse H3-2D. However, it differs from the former because of the additional axis of stabilization that it offers and supports. You might not consider it a great innovation considering the wonders you could do with the previous gimbal but let us tell you what really makes it the next big thing for you to produce cinema grade video footages.
DJI has a couple of major product streams: the first ones are produced for consumers while the other ones are produced for professionals. The professional grade gimbals such as DJI Zenmuse Z15-5D are capable of producing sensational video footage that is immensely stable. On the other hand, contrary to a lot of expectation, the DJI Zenmuse H3-2D also produces decent quality video footage. Having said that, it might not be able to produce as good a result as that produced by larger sized gimbals. The Zenmuse H3-2D was indeed a spectacular gimbal however, it lacked on one front: it did not have the elusive third axis of stabilization. The Zenmuse H3-3D introduces the missing third axis of stabilization which renders it capable of producing top quality video footage similar to that created by gimbals of professional quality. I was a bit disappointed when I came to know, through the PDF instruction manual, that one could not carry out the omnidirectional panning manually with its help. But with a high quality quadcopter such as the DJI Phantom series, you can make use of the legendary orientation control features to pan around objects without having to fret over the orientation of the drone.
The DJI Zenmuse H3-3D gimbal also comes up with an advanced featured known as the FPV. When the FPV mode is triggered, the gimbal follows machine on all the three stabilization axis while ensuring that the video footage remains free of undesired jerks. This feature is an exquisite one for the dronies who are in love with watching the camera move as the drone changes its direction to give them an impression as if they were also flying.
The combination of the GoPro action camera Hero3, DJI Phantom 2 and the DJI Zenmuse H3-3D provides drone aficionados a killer blend of professional grade cinematography tools that can produce results that could have been only produced by a lot expensive equipment in another era.
DJI shipped the DJI Zenmuse H3-3D gimbal to retailers on March 28 and the consumers got their hands on the impressive machine soon after that. We are hopeful that we shall be able to view some stunning videos employing DJI Zenmuse H3-3D sooner rather than later.
[irp posts=”8589″ name=”Best Drone Gimbal: To Ensure Out of the Box Drone Photography”]
The DJI Zenmuse H3-3D is an amazing product for the drone enthusiasts who own a GoPro action camera and are well aware of how to handle this equipment. However, if you are newbie then you could also go for the prolific all-in-one DJI Phantom 2 Vision Plus. Here are its specifications:
- 3-axis stabilization gimbal
- Integrated IMU module
- 168g (about 62g lighter than the previous model)
- Compatible with all DJI flight controllers except with NAZA V1
- Supports GoPro3 and GoPro3+
Another important attribute about the DJI Zenmuse H3-3D is that in addition to other superb characteristics, the DJI Zenmuse H3-3D is a bit smaller size and certainly lighter in weight.
A comparison of H3-2D and H3-3D
Let’s take a look at the video comparing the output of DJI Zenmuse H3-3D and H3-2D. As you will certainly notice that the H3-3D is by no means an over priced upgraded version. The two models are a lot different from one another. Helipal have also conducted a number of tests and you can view their videos down here or on their youtube channel.
Today’s Deals on eBay
DJI Zenmuse X7 Camera and 3-Axis Gimbal
3 used from $2,624.00
- Sensor Size: Still: 0.9 x 0.6" (23.5 x 15.7 mm) Video: 0.9 x 0.5" (23.5 x 12.5 mm) max recording area
- Lens Mount: DL
- Photo Resolution: 24MP
- Aspect Ratio 17:9: Cinema-DNG: 6K: 6016�3200, 23.976/24/25/29.97/30p, 12-bit, full FOV C4K: 4096�2160, 23.976/24/25/29.97/30p, 12-bit, full FOV 4K: 3944�2088, 47.95/50/59.94, 12-bit, narrow FOV ProRes: 4K: 4096x2160, 23.976/24/25/29.97/30p, 10-bit, HQ, full FOV 2K: 2048x1080, 47.95/50/59.94p, 10-bit, HQ/XQ, narrow FOV H.264: C4K: 4096�2160, 24/25/30/48/50/59.94p H.265: C4K: 4096x2160, 24/25/30p
DJI Osmo Zenmuse X5 Adapter
1 used from $43.50
- Compatibility: Zenmuse X5 Series Gimbal and Camera on Osmo Handle
DJI CP.ZM.000061 Zenmuse H3-3D 3-Axis Gimbal for GoPro HERO3/3+/4 (Phantom 2) (White)
- Controlled Angle Accuracy Tilt/Roll: ±0.02 Degree Yaw: ±0.03 Degree
- Maximum Controlled Rotation Speed Tilt Axis: ±130 Degree/s
- Controlled Rotation Range Tilt Axis Control: -130 to +45 Degree
DJI Zenmuse X5 Gimbal and 4K Camera (Lens Excluded)
1 used from $1,380.00
- Camera features a Micro Four Thirds Sensor with MFT Mount.
- Camera captures video at DCI 4K (4096 x 2160).
- Camera comes with burst and Interval Photos Modes.
- Over 12 Stops of Dynamic Range.
- Camera conveniently records to microSD Cards.