In order to set your multirotor drone soaring into the skies, the pilot has to first connect it to the computer to adjust settings in the flight controller’s configurator. The configurator could be Betaflight, Cleanflight, Raceflight or Kiss. There could occur Betaflight Failed Error.
Quite often, once you hook up the board say with Betaflight, the following error prompt is displayed by the configurator:
“Failed to open serial port”
In reality, the flight controller communicates with the computer via the USB port but it is not the direct USB interface. As a matter of fact, the software must be made to believe that it is a threadbare serial COM port. That is the way how the chips on the flight controller can be read and written into.
It takes no more than a couple of minutes to get the drivers installed and if asked by the computer, simply restart the computer. Get the flight controller unplugged from the USB.
Shut down the browser and the configurator, open them up again, get the flight controller connected and click Connect. Everything should work fine now.
In order to ensure that the flight controller is working fine, take a glimpse at the drop-down menu in top right of the software’s screen and determine the COM port to which the configurator is trying to get connected to.
As seen in the image below, in our case, it was the Bluetooth incoming port.
If you click on the drop down menu, you can see other ports and the one you need to select is the “USBModem1421”. It is compatible with both “tty” and “cu”. We are not really sure about the actual difference between the two. So, if any of you out there has some idea about it, be generous and do not hesitate to share with us in the comments section below.
If it Betaflight still fails to connect
- Try out another cable: It has been observed that an old USB cable may cause some connectivity issues with the board and the configurator. It may work sometimes and on other occasions, it may even refuse to respond. The issue can be resolved by using a totally new or different cable.
- Try out another USB port: You might as well try out a new USB port since on some occasions, we can have the USB port misbehaving.
- Get your computer restarted: You can get your system restarted to see if it fixes the connectivity issue.
iFlight SucceX-E Mini F4 2-6S Flight Controller Integrated OSD and 5V / 2.5A BEC for FPV Race Drone
- STM32 F405 MCU, Runs Betaflight 4.0.5
- Size:25*25mm /20*20mm φ3 mounting
- Built in Blackbox
- Input voltage：2-6S,MAX 8S
- On-board Betaflight OSD,Integrated 5V/2.5A BEC,Integrated LC Filter
F4 V3 Flight Controller Board Built-in OSD Barometer for Wizard X220S Martian II 220mm FPV RC Drone
- STM32 F405 MCU, Dshot support.
- Secure digital memory card blackbox, Baro(BMP280)
- MPU6000 6 axis SPI Gyro & Accelerometer, SBUS/PPM AND Spketrum dsm-x Ports
- Drag and Drop OSD configured via Betaflight Configurator
- Smartaudio v2 support – Tune your PID’s and configure the omnibus F C from your Transmitter
iFlight SucceX-E 2-6S Mini Flight Stack F4 Flight Controller MPU6000 + 4 in 1 35A ESC BLHeli_S for FPV Racing Drone Quadcopter
- SucceX-E 2-6S Mini F4 Tower is specially designed for mimi FPV racers, mini new compact and concentrated into a two-layer tower structure
- The mini FC and ESC neatly stack together, highly integrated with all the latest features, optimized internal circuitry, make your build easy to assemble and cleaner looking
- The mini FC and ESC Plug-and-Play, no need to solder tiny wires
- Mini F4 flight control has been optimized overall. The built-in OSD chip helps to monitor the status of the flight data any time; 8mb blackbox and a powerful F4 processor to run it all
- 2-6S BLHeli_S ESC support DShot DShot150/300/600/MultiShot/ OneShot etc; support 2-6S Lipo Input
F7 AIO Flight Controller SpeedyBee Betaflight Bluetooth 8Pin Connector w/OSD Current Sensor Barometer 5V for RC Drone
- F7 AIO Flight Controller- Support OSD and 4in1 ESC 8 PIN connector or Solder Pads Two connection methods
- Black box- 32MB on board data flash and 6-layer PCB make it more solid and has External GPS(I2C)
- Better support for high currents- 5*5.0V/1 * 9.0V Output(Max.2.5A) and 3s - 6s Lipo Input
- Battery Monitoring- With Current Sensor 200A and Integrated Barometer and RSSI input, safer flight
- Built-in Bluetooth Chip- Zero configuration, connect to the Speedy Bee App directly after powering on, easy to set the FC parameters
iFlight SucceX-E F4 MPU6000 Flight Controller GPS F4 FC Built-in OSD BEC Current Sensor Black Box for FPV Racing Drone Quadcopter
- The design of SucceX-E series is based on the SucceX series, focuses on quality, the SucceX-E series is more affordable
- This flight controller is ready for anything with 4 uarts, 8mb blackbox and a powerful F4 processor to run it all
- Built-in OSD; Four LED plugs
- Double 5V/3A BEC circuit, one BEC for flight control power supply, one BEC for LED power supply
- 36x36mm PCB with 30.5mm mounting holes, φ4mm with Grommets φ3mm,Weight: 7.6g
YoungRC APM2.8 Flight Controller Board Built in Compass Straight Pin for RC F450 S500 Quadcopter Drone
- This version eliminates the 1.0mm 6P SM06B GPS interface of V2.52 old version, change it into DF13-4P I2C external compass interface.
- Put DF13-5P GPS interface with external compass interface, convenient for the connection of GPS and external compass.
- V2.52 I2C interface changes to multifunctional MUX interface
- Modified version added isolation resistor, when the OSD interface used with telemetry, the interfaces is effectively avoided
- The new version adopts US LP2985-3.3, 16V withstand voltage, more reliable, redcucing the possibility of Bad Gyro health
Readytosky Pixhawk PX4 Flight Controller PIX 2.4.8 32 Bit Flight Control Board+Safety Switch+Buzzer+I2C Splitter Expand Module+16GB SD Card
1 used from $64.81
- ★The advanced 32-bit ARM CortexM4 high-performance processors, can run NuttX RTOS real-time operating system;
- ★★★Please do not use Qground but use Mission planner.
- ★★★We have M8N GPS for the Pixhawk flight controller,ASIN : B01KK9A8QG.
- ★★★And the 3DR Radio Telemetry Kit for this flight controller,ASIN: B01DHV4DVA.