faa remote id

FAA Remote ID Divides the Drone Community

When there is a lifting of remote identification procedures and policies, how do you think it impacts the drone industry? Will it be as smooth and comfortable as it was before? For now, the FAA remote ID outlook divides the opinion of the drone community. There has been optimism and pessimism among the drone pilots in this regard.

The story behind the FAA remote ID

faa remote id

Aloft (an organization previously known as Kittyhawk), surveyed in 2021. The survey generated approximately 200 responses. One of the key questions was the future implementation of FAA remote ID for UASs. More importantly, the company asked about the ease of adjusting to the FAA rules once they get implemented in 2023. 

49% of the people believe that it will be difficult to adjust to the FAA rules and regulations. On the other hand, 51% of the people spoke in favor of those rules. That’s all you need to know about the division it has caused.


The FAA remote ID rule comes into effect in 2 years. As per the new rules, you can ensure the identification of your drone during flight hours. Moreover, you can also verify the location of the control station and the take-off areas. This rule applies to all the drone products coming under the FAA registration. This means that if your drone weighs more than 0.55 lbs. and less than 55 lbs., you will need to register your drone. However, you must comply with the FAA rules.

YouTube video

 There are three ways in which you can comply with the new FAA remote ID rule. They are as follows:

  1. Use a standard drone that broadcasts verification and location details of the control station and take-off area
  2. data-preserver-spaces=”true”>Operate a drone that provides verification, area, and take-off information.
  3. Use drones that operate in particular FAA-recognized identification areas.

Statement from Aloft


“As we edge closer to the FAA Remote ID rule being effective in 2023, we hope operators will gain further clarity on the UTM solutions. We will understand how our Air Control platform can streamline airspace awareness. Moreover, they will provide the necessary tools for compliance for all operators in enterprise drone programs” Aloft Statement

0/5 (0 Reviews)
LIKE TO READ  Future of Drones

Leave a Reply