The fifth annual New York City Drone Film Festival was not just an event in name but it was a weekend brimming with drone-centric celebrations.The event took place from March 1, 2019 to March 2, 2019 at New Jersey’s Liberty Science Center. The event is still titled “New York” despite being held in the New Jersey.In addition to after parties, the event included a demonstration by Skydio which is a startup headquartered in Silicon Valley and is a proud developer of Skydio R1 drone, a fantastic gizmo equipped with a whopping 13 cameras that enable the device to see on all sides and stay clear of obstacles that come in its way.
Here’s a look at the schedule of the two day event:
Friday March 1st, 2019 at LIBERTY SCIENCE CENTER
• 4:45pm DOORS.
• 5pm – 5:45pm: Legal & Policy Panel.
• 6pm – 6:45pm: Drone Technology Panel.
• 7:30pm – 10:30pm: New York City Drone Film Festivalscreenings & Award Show.
• 10:30pm – Midnight: Afterparty With DJ Hesta Prynn.
Saturday March 2nd, 2019 – DAY OF DRONES @ LIBERTY SCIENCE CENTER
• 10am – 4pm: Drone Expo.
• 10am – 4pm: Flight Demonstration Cage.
• 10am – 4pm: Skydio R1 Demos.
• 10am – 4pm: Beginner Drone School.
• 10am – 4pm: Freestyle FPV Competition.
• 10am – 4pm: Classes And Panels – A Large Slate On Topics Related To Drones, Filmmaking, Industrial Use And Policy.
• 10am – 4pm: Bonus Screenings Of NYCDFF V Winners.
• 10am – 4pm: Autel Robotics Flight Demo Cage.
• Time TBD: Screening Of Jordan Rubin’s “The Drone” & Craig Hickerson’s “Some Kind Of Drone”.
The event is one of the pioneers in celebrating the art of drone videography and promotes itself as an international pedestal for cinematographers from around the world to showcase their pieces of art before industry professionals and experts and drone consumers. The festival was originally envisaged by Randy Scott Slavin.
The New York City Drone Film Festival ticket prices ran from $15 to $25.