Advantages of Drone Videos and Aerial Photography for Real Estate Property Listings
Over the past few years, the real estate industry has reaped rich dividends from the emerging technology. Each year, lesser expensive cameras with even better technology hit the shelves. According to estimates, 4 in every 5 potential customers looking for homes, begin their search online based on the top quality videos and photographs.
Drone videos for real estate property listings
More often than not, majority of the online real estate property listings are showcased with two to five still outdoor photographs of the front portion, side portion and rear part of the property along with features such as swimming pools. The other ten to fifteen photographs portray the interior amenities. Experts believe that videos tend to garner more views and are able to keep the target audience engaged, but only a few real estate agents employ videos to showcase their property listings. There are numerous advantages of using videos to showcase one’s property listings but most of the property agents are not familiar with the way how it should really be done.back to menu ↑
Mainstreaming drone videos
Drones are one of the most versatile means to capture captivating and innovative videos. Drone videos and aerial imagery are becoming a common phenomenon and have opened up new vistas of opportunities for real estate agents to underscore their property listings in an attractive manner.
Drones replacing manned aircrafts
Manned aircrafts and helicopters were used to capture aerial videos and images before the advent of drones. The most important obstacle in using this technique was that the associated costs were too high since the aircraft or helicopter had to be rented, the pilot hired and then the photographer had to be engaged separately. Consequently, this unique and versatile tool of capturing aerial videos and images was available to only entrenched market leaders and home sellers with immensely large marketing and advertising budgets.back to menu ↑
Drone videography service providers
However, with the advent of drones, even the home sellers and real estate agencies with limited advertising budgets have got an opportunity to shoot aerial videos and images. Drones offer a low cost proposition since they can be bought or owned at only a fraction of the price of helicopters or aircrafts. There are even options not buy your own drone, as one can simply hire a drone cinematographer or photographer.
Keep things short, let us get to the business end of the post and have a look at the advantages of drone videos and aerial cinematography for real estate enterprises.
- Low cost: With the help of drones, aerial cinematography and photography has become ever so robust and cost effective. You can get relevant and captivating images from the sky by virtue of a professional aerial photographer or cinematographer and a drone.
- Engaging: Every property showcased in a drone video is portrayed in elaborate detail and in an interactive manner; thereby keeping the audience engaged.
- Marketing made easy: The videos made with the help of drones can be easy shared across varying social media communities such as Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, Vimeo, LinkedIn etc. They can also be added to one’s blogs, websites and newsletter.
- Versatility: In contrast to helicopters and airplanes, drones are easy to transport from one place to another and have the ability to function in all sorts of hostile conditions. They are small in size and can capture images and videos even at low elevations and in narrow spaces.
- Attention to detail: The modern day drone cameras let the user zoom into the different property features and highlight them from varying perspectives. With the assistance of photography drones, a pilot can underscore features such as swimming pools, patios, lawns and other facilities surrounding the property such as local parks, schools, shopping malls etc.
Real estate agencies are definitely going to have their return on investment sky-rocketed. The above mentioned benefits of drone videos should be taken into account while forging the advertising and marketing strategy by any real estate agent or home seller. It is also a testimony of the fact that you, as a real estate agent, are dedicated to the work you do and are able to go to any lengths to make life easier for your customers.
What really is the best thing about all this is that you do not need to be tech savvy. You simply have to contact your nearby aerial drone photography and cinematography service provider and the rest is his job.