There are some new features and fix problems with your DJI Mavic Air 2 drone so updation is required how to update it here we will be going to talk in detail all about updation of Mavic Air 2 Firmware which is consist of upgrading the remote controller by using DJI Fly app and also DJI Assistant 2 Software. After that, we will focus on the complete list of features and issues solved in each of the Mavic Air 2 firmware updates. So let’s start.
Table of Contents
DJI Mavic Air 2 Drone —Updation of Firmware By Using Fly App
Here we need to remember some of the basic instructions which are necessary to make your drone the latest firmware, such instructions are given below.
- Firstly, you need to have at least fifty percent charge in the batteries of the RC, Mavic Air,2, and Smartphone for upgradation
- Now its time to connect your smartphone to the Mavic Air 2 Remote Controller
- Mavic Air 2 and the RC should be powered on for doing this
- And connect your smartphone to the internet by having a good WiFi connection too
- After that download and then install the latest version of the DJI Fly App
- Further, You will open the DJI Fly App so it can automatically check for a new firmware
- If there is a new Mavic Air 2 Firmware version is available so it will appear in the app
- When you see the sentence mentioned “New Mavic Air 2 firmware available’’ just click on update
- You can see a progress circle with new downloading when it downloads then installation starts
- A checkmark will be shown at hundred percent with the message ‘’Fireware Installed’’
- After all, this process is done the Mavic Air 2 will restart automatically
DJI Mavic Air 2 Drone— Updation of Firmware By Using DJI Assistant 2 Software
By following these simple steps you can easily update the Mavic Air 2 firmware to the new latest version. Here we go further
- The first thing is to Power on the Mavic Air 2 drone and connects it to your laptop using the USB cable
- Open and log in to your DJI Assistant 2 Software on your laptop
- Now select Mavic Air 2 quadcopter and tap the Firmware update button that will be on the top left of the Assistant 2 app
- Further, you will click on ‘’Upgrade’’ and click start Update’’ on the latest Mavic Air 2 firmware version
- When you see the progression bar is complete at a hundred percent then click on a green color check mark and message of ‘’Update Successful’’
- After completing this process, the Mavic Air 2 will automatically restart
DJI Mavic Air 2 Remote Controller—— Updation of Firmware By Using DJI Assistant 2 Software
Now we are going to highlight some basic steps to convert Mavic Air 2 Remote Controller into an updated advanced version. So let’s go on further.
- The first thing t do is power on the Mavic Air 2 remote comptroller
- Using a USB cable, connect the Mavic Air 2 remote controller to your computer or laptop
- Open and sign in to the DJI Assistant 2 software and choose RC for Mavic Air 2
- Further, tap on ‘’Firmware Update’’ in the top left of the Assistant 2 Software and click on the ‘’Upgrade’’ button and ‘’Start Update’’
- Now your firmware updating will start with showing a progress bar
- When the progress bar is completed a hundred percent you will see a green checkmark and read the message ‘’Update Successful’’ and restart the Mavic Air 2 Remote Controller
- Updation is done successfully
Important Things Regarding The Mavic Air 2 Update
You must have the new latest version of the DJI Fly app before starting the firmware updates because most of the advanced features work only with late the st version of the DJI Fly app make sure that at the time of installation of the firmware on the DJI Mavic Air 2 or remote controller, internet connection or smartphone should not disconnect or become power off.
Such updates usually reset different types of settings. For example RTH Altitude and flight distance, to default settings. It will be helpful if you read and adjust all instructions regarding updations and make notes.
In case of failure in updations, you just need to restart the Mavic Air 2 drone, DJI Fly, and the remote controller and retry again the updating process.
If you are facing any problems such as flyaway, disconnect acts, or return to home problems with your Mavic Air 2, then there are some tips to follow and one of the best and simple steps to take is called calibrating the Mavic Air 2 Compass and IMU. Mavic Air 2 care refresh gives two replacement units that cover a wide range of accidents for more info click this link to read The Mavic Air 2 Care Refresh.
When the drone is released you will get new firmware updates weekly or monthly basis with new advanced features and software bugs. There is a good chance to find the release notes on the DJI Mavic Air 2.
The Mavic Air 2 Firmware Published v01.00.0340 Dated 2020-08-10
- There is a new Zoom Mode to support 2x digit zoom when fit to 4k at 30/5/24 fps.
- It avoids problems automatically and does not respond to commands to fly in various directions
- There is also added x digit zoom fill to 2.7k at 60/50/48/30/25/24
- Now 4k resolution is also available in Hyperlapse in which the ability to pause shooting and increase the number of ways points to forty-five
- There is full support for Task Library
- There are optimized FPV modes for gimbal
- At the time of tracking vehicles have low altitude, active track optimizes.
The Mavic Air 2 Firmware Published v01.00.0250 Dated 2020.06.15
- It optimizes the complete performance of Focus Track
- It can track various subjects by dragging a box when using Free Hyperlapse Mode
- There are new features to store 8k Hyperlapse that use playback to view 8k Hyperlapse
- There is a Smart RTH optimization
- It reduces noise while recording HDR video at night
- It also optimizes performance while using wave gestures to trigger ActiveTrack and QuickShots.
The Mavic Air 2 Firmware Announced vo1.00.0130 Dated 2020-05-09
- It optimizes Smart RTH
- It also fixes occasional problems when video becomes abnormal and is recorded to the quadcopter
The Mavic Air 2 Firmware Announced v01.00.0113 Dated 2020-04-28
- There is an addition of HDR Video Mode
- FocusTrack is also added just drag a box in camera view to enable Focustrack
- SmartPhoto Mode is there
- The waypoint also included for Hyperlapse
- It is also added 8k resolution for free and Waypoints in Hyerlapse and there is an increase in transmission distance to ten kilometers means 6.21 miles
That is all about The DJI Mavic Air 2 Firmware and its new and advanced updation for fixes and features we hope you would enjoy it a lot and have fun with its amazing features and a step-by-step guide to ensure your drone has the latest attributes and safe flying.