Drifting is driving style in which race car drivers intentionally over-steer their turns; thereby causing their cars to lose traction when cornering. If you are a rookie, you might think of it as a potential scheme to an accident but in reality, drifting is a highly dexterous form of car racing that requires the driver to keep the car under control while sliding around corners with low traction. As a sport, drifting can be quite a high cost affair as it requires regular car maintenance and replacement of parts and tires. So, if you happen to be a car racing junkie or drifting nerd, then you can satisfy your hunger for drifting without having to break the bank by opting for one of the below mentioned drift RC cars.
If you have been long into the realm of drift RC cars for driving and racing, you must be familiar with all the trouble that comes with it while selecting a car that is ideal for you. There is such a huge variety of cars available that come with tons of varying features. So, it is always a tough ask when it comes to opting for a drift RC car that is in accordance with your preferences and requirements. We endeavor to bring right to your doorstep a brief overview of some of the leading drift RC cars available on the market.
[irp posts=”12306″ name=”7 Best Nitro RC Cars”]
Redcat Racing Lightning EPX Electric Drift RC Cars
- The Redcat Racing Lightning EPX Electric Drift Car is an exquisite car that certainly packs a power punch out there on the racing course. If you are looking to get your hands on a car that is perfect for drifting while letting you exercise maximum control over the device with minimum possible fuss, then this one is an ideal car for you.
- Some of the salient features of Redcat Racing Lightning EPX Electric Drift Car are as follows
- A stunning design and polycarbonate frame
- Aluminum capped, oil filled shocks for absorbing shocks while drifting
- Forward and reverse transmission
- 330KV brushless motor
- 2.4GHz radio, 7.4V 3500mAh LiPo and charger included
- Drifting tires that make drifting appear seamless
- Shaft driven 4 wheel drive that ensures easy maneuvering
- Lightweight plastic chassis so that driver can snap out of drift comfortably
- Oil filled shocks let you customize the car as per your requirements
The Redcat Racing Lightning EPX Electric Drift RC Cars are available in a number of different colors and styles. This is an affordable car depending on the design you prefer. On the whole, this is a great car to have in your repertoire. There have been positive feedback from the customers except that the battery lifespan is too short for the drivers to enjoy drifting. This is a really nice car and will certainly help you get the maximum out of your hobby.
- Top quality oil filled shocks
- Polycarbonate frame
- Attractive design
- Plastic chassis might lead to durability issues
HPI Racing E10 Ford Mustang
The HPI Racing E10 Ford Mustang is ranked at the second spot in our list. It is a sleek car that comes with a huge spoiler for optimum airflow that ensures to keep the car stable while drifting.
Some of the salient feature of the HPI Racing E10 Ford Mustang are as follows:
- Complete 4 wheel belt drive for optimum control during drifting
- HPI 27T 540 motor for sufficient power (does not support 3S LiPo batteries)
- A two channel radio controller
- 7.2V NiMH stick pack with Dean’s connector battery charge
- Accessories include building and course equipment
These drift RC cars boast some splendid frame, body and performance features. Customers have expressed satisfaction with HPI Racing E10 Ford Mustang. The only downside of this device is that the default drive belts need to be replaced. Other than this, the HPI Racing E10 Ford Mustang is a fine specimen.
- 4 wheel drive
- Fast car
- Ready to drive packaging
- Durable built
- Stock drive belts need to be replaced
Team Associated Apex Scion FR-S Brushless RTR
The Team Associated Apex Scion FR-S Brushless RTR is another tremendous drift car that comes with an eye-catching design and scintillating style that makes it stand out from the crowd.
Some of the important features sported by Team Associated Apex Scion FR-S Brushless RTR are mentioned below:
- 2.4GHz radio controller
- LiPo battery compatibility
- Car charger and user’s instructions manual for operation, maintenance and driving
- Six AA batteries for radio controller
- Course and maintenance equipment
- Charger and wolf pack LiPo 330 mAh battery
- Composite plastic chassis
The motor, battery and specifications of these drift RC cars are pretty good.
- Powerful motor
- Reliable and durable chassis
- Customizable shock absorbers
- 4 wheel drive
- Aluminum drive shaft
- Lighter in weight in comparison with its counterparts
Tamyia RC Ferrari 458 Challenge TT02D Drift Spec 4WD
If you are interested in drifting but cannot afford to spend at an arm and a leg for a full-fledged Ferrari, this replica Tamyia RC Ferrari 458 Challenge TT02D Drift Spec 4WD is an ideal choice for you. Some of the salient features of Tamyia RC Ferrari 458 Challenge TT02D Drift Spec 4WD are given as follows:
- TT-02D chassis
- 4 WD independent suspension assembly kit ensuring easy repair and maintenance
- Polycarbonate frame
- 540 brushed motor
- Comes with LED lights to add vigor and beauty to the car
- 7.2V battery and charger
On the whole, this is a great drifting RC car that packs a significant power punch.
- Fabulous frame and body
- One of the best chassis around in TT-02D
- 4 Wheel Drive
- Battery and battery charger do not come included in the original packaging
Traxxas Ford GT
This one is a brilliant contraption for all the GT enthusiasts out there. The Traxxas Ford GT is an ideal drifting RC car in terms of speed and performance characteristics.
Some of the important features of these drift RC cars are as under:
- Reliable chassis
- Flawless drifting prowess
- Traxxas stability management system
- Fast and agile
- Ability to handle on-track obstacles with comfort
You can get more information about Traxxas Ford GT here.
- Reliable drifting RC car
- Ideal car for drifting
- Eye-catching design and style
- Stock servo is not fast enough for radio controlled drifting RC car junkies
How to choose the right drift RC cars?
The first and the foremost thing that you should be looking into while purchasing drift RC cars is the frequency with which you intend to bring into use. It will assist you in selecting the right type of car, its weight, specifications, parts and other things.
You also need to keep a close eye at your budgetary constraints. Conduct a market survey to get to know about the models and manufacturers who are introducing drift RC cars on the market. Remember that you might be tempted to buy a bundle consisting of the car, radio controller, batteries and the battery charger together which can save you some money in the long run.
Things to take into consideration for drift RC cars
There are a few attributes that you must take into consideration while buying the right drift RC cars for you
- Polycarbonate body
- Aluminum and metal parts
- Shocks that can be adjusted
- Durable chassis
- Batteries, tools and radio controller
- 4 wheel drive
- Sturdier frames in contrast to lighter ones
You should avoid the high priced cars that consist of plastic frames and do not come with a lot of features.
The Traxxas Ford GT is the one and only car that has been able to capture our imagination. It was able to garner good reviews by the customers and comes with tons of prolific features at a reasonable price. It is perhaps the best drift RC cars to have hit the shelves in a long time.