If you are an ardent dronie, you simply cannot stand even the slightest of notions of losing out on your drone due to a flyaway or a crash.
What can be done to avoid this situation? Stop flying your drone and selling all your drone gear away in the market? On a serious note, you should make every effort possible to bolster the probability of getting back your drone even if it has succumbed to a lot of damage.
It is always prudent to get a GPS tracker installed on your drone no matter how experienced and seasoned a pilot you are. I have been rescued on a numerous occasions by these handy gizmos. Once I almost ended up losing my DJI Phantom 2. It is a long story but believe me, all these gadgets will certainly save some of your hard-earned money in the long run. Here is a detailed tutorial on how to install a TK102 GPS tracker inside the frame of the mighty DJI Phantom 2.
Now, coming back to the actual topic: you can also get an “If Found” sticker pasted on your drone to ensure that you are able to retrieve your drone even in the worst of circumstances. There can never be any sure shot guarantee but there have been a few instances in the past where the pilot received phone calls that his or her long lost drone had been found. Keep in mind, fortune only favors the brave so it’s always good to have all ends covered up.
I have come up with this handy graphic that will help you conjure your very own eye-catching sticker.
Table of Contents
- Double sided tape
- Scalpel or scissors
- Self-adhesive covering film
- Color printer and paper
- Get the sticker file downloaded for your drone.
- Get the PDF opened in Adobe PDF Reader or Apple’s Preview.
- Click and get the red colored text substituted with your contact number.
- Get the image printed by scaling down the image to 100%
- With the self-adhesive covering stuck to one side of the graphic, your sticker will be rendered weather proof.
- Now is the time to add some double sided tape onto the back of the graphic.
- Now, cut the image out with the help of a pair of scissors or a scalpel.
- Now, apply the sticker to the frame of the drone after peeling the backing from the double sided tape.