You must know how to make the corresponding updates to your drone.
For the firmware update, you can use the same instructions for a Mavic 2 Pro, for a Mavic 2 and a Mavic 2 Zoom.There are two options for updating the Mavic 2 Quadcopter and remote control. You can do your upgrade through DIJ Go 4 or the DJI Assistant through a computer. You will have instructions that you can see in videos so you can see the step-by-step.
Table of Contents
How Can DJI Mavic 2 Firmware Be Updated?
Important information to know for updates
– To download the DJI Go 4 application on your smartphone, you must enter the official Mavic 2 site. And on your pc, you can download the DJI Assistant 2 application.
– If you use the DJI Assistant 2 application on your computer, you must do each of the updates separately.
– Make sure your equipment has even a minimum of 50% charge.
– You must have a good internet signal to download.
– During the Mavic 2 firmware update, the quadcopter will reboot several times and is normal.
– Do not disconnect the quadcopter while the update is in progress.
– While performing the upgrade, remove the propellers from the drone.
Mavic 2 Pro And Zoom Upgrade Instructions Via DJI Assistant 2 Software On A PC
1- Proceed to turn off the Mavic 2 quadcopter
2- Connect it to a computer through a USB cable that types A or type B
3- Turn on the drone
4- Enter the DJI Assistant 2 application and log in to your DJI account
5- Enter the Mavic 2 option and click on the firmware updates option in the panel on the left side
6- Select the firmware you want to update by clicking on that option
7- You must click on the option to start the update
8- You must wait for the firmware to download and when that happens immediately the update will begin
9- Then, restart the Mavic 2 quadcopter after the firmware update has been completed
10- If you have several batteries, you must repeat the same procedure with each one of them
The same procedure is for updating the firmware of the Mavic 2 remote controller
1- You must turn off the Mavic 2 remote control
2- Connect it to the computer through a micro USB cable
3- Turn on the remote control
4- Open the DJI Assistant 2 application to log in to your DJI account
5- Select the Mavic 2 RC option and then click on the firmware update
6- For the update choose the firmware option you want
7- Click on the option to start the update
8- Both the update and download process starts automatically
9- Once the process is finished, the complete update signal will appear on the screen in green
10- After the firmware update is finished, restart the Mavic 2 quadcopter
When using the DJI Assistant software, you must update the Mavic 2 quadcopter drones and remote control separately.
DJI Mavic 2 and RC firmware update via DJI Go 4 app
1- Your smartphone must be connected to the internet
2- Turn off the remote control and the Mavic 2 quadcopter
3- You must connect your smartphone to the remote control
4- Turn on the remote control first and then the quadcopter
5- You can start with the DJI Go 4 application
6- If there is a new update you can see that option quickly
7- Click on the available firmware update
8- Click on the option to download now
9- Once the update process is finished, you will see a complete update message
10- When the update is finished, you must restart the Mavic 2 quadcopter
11- When having more than one battery, you must repeat the same procedure with the others for the update
Firmware Upgrade Notes
Manufacturers recommend that you read the new features of firmware updates over time.
Firmware update Version v01.00.05.00
– Your drone will not fly if you do not insert the battery correctly
– You can watch when the smart battery automatic discharge started
– Now there is the altitude display
– There is better precision for the detection of obstacles
– Optimization of waypoints
– Better altitude accuracy for photos
Firmware update version v01.00.04.00
– Additional dual remote control
– After completing a QuickShot rocket, the gimbal acted abnormal, but the problem has been solved
– The GPS information and some photos were later viewed incorrectly, but the problem has already been solved.
Firmware update version v01.00.03.00
– Inclusion of waypoints
– Enabling lateral vision systems
– Increased accuracy of waypoint altitude
– Could not open panoramic photos on Facebook but the problem has already been solved
– The drones remote control function time was reduced when used through a smartphone, and the problem has been solved
Firmware Update Version V01.00.02.00
– Bring added task libraries
– Increased shutter speed
– Landing with more precision
– Optimization in the display system in DJI Go 4
– Widescreen display in Hyperlapse
Firmware update version v01.00.01.00
– Flight speed can be adjusted
– Hyperlapse and panorama footage can be removed
– By using buttons C1 and C2 vision systems can be enabled or disabled
– Improved photo quality
– Enabling the lateral vision system
– Optimization of ActiveTrack 2.0
Firmware update for Version v01.00.00.00 of Mavic 2 Pro and Zoom
– Added hyperlapse mode
– Added Dolly Zoom mode for QuickShots
– Added resolution for panorama
– z x digital zoom for video recording
– Inclusion of the emergency RTH
– Increased vision system performance
Firmware update version v01.00.01.00
– Ability to select for adjusting flight speed and duration of Hyperlapse
– Inclusion of C1 and C2 buttons on the remote control to enable or disable the vision system
– Ability to eliminate Hyperlapse and panorama
– For secondary modes, enabling the secondary side vision system: Boomerang, Circle QuickShots, and Helix.
– Optimization of active track 2.0
– Improved panorama to provide better photo quality
– Ability to improve drone flight through stability