The Vaterra K-5 Blazer Ascender Truck is a ready to drive, 4 wheel drive, off road RC truck and comes loaded with tons of exciting features that will capture the imagination of RC car enthusiasts. It integrates the modern technology while ensuring that things are kept simple for even the novices. The specifications the Vaterra K-5 Blazer Ascender Truck comes with render it a good enough choice for enthusiasts to participate in full-fledged competitions and even win them.
You can make it a part of your RC cars repertoire or even gift it to your kid in a bit to inculcate some love for the technology. You can even use it to bewilder the onlookers with its prowess or drive it to spend some quality time with your own self.
Here are some of the exciting features of this great off road truck:
- Designed for kids of 14 years of age or above
- 4 wheel drive
- Waterproof electronics
- 1/10 scale
- 21.25” in length, 9” wide and 9.5” in height
- Equipped with slipper clutch
- Drive shafts are made of CV plastic
- Oil filled shocks
- Comes with metric hex
- Bearings included
- Vaterra TSL Super Swampers tires
What needs to be bought separately?
- Battery charger
Key Features of Vaterra K-5 Blazer Ascender Truck
- Turning around the corners is the most exciting feature of the Vaterra K-5 Blazer Ascender Truck and is precisely what is admired by myriad fans around the world. This is a great feature if you are involved in racing events since if you have to back up just in order to make a turn loses you precious time and could well be the difference between a victory and a defeat.
- Jumping is not an issue if the motor and the Electronic Speed Controller (ESC) are used. Handling the truck off the ground via stairs and even a few kinds of ledges is quite easy with this beast. The truck is quite durable and will withstand several jumps from ledges as high as 4 feet owing to the aluminum links and chassis mounted bumpers as they are responsible for assisting the truck in holding its own.
- Oil filled shocks and four links in the rear ensure that no trouble is caused to the Vaterra K-5 Blazer Ascender Truck by the road bumps. However, the suspension does get tested on more difficult terrains.
- You must be wondering that since the truck is loaded with so much steering, it will traction roll every time the drive makes a turn on the pavement. However, this is compensated for by the low center of gravity of the vehicle which prevents the Vaterra K-5 Blazer Ascender Truck from going over. Installing a faster motor or a LiPo battery might result in a traction roll but otherwise it is not at all possible.
- The Vaterra K-5 Blazer Ascender Truck is not apprehended by the tall grass in contrast to its competitors. Unless the grass is just too tall, the truck would keep going on and on.
- The Vaterra K-5 Blazer Ascender Truck comes with a Spectrum DX3 which prevents the tires from turning and simultaneously giving the user the option to make several calibrations while setting the drag break up and adjusting the steering.
- This is a solid truck but does have its vulnerabilities. Some of its components that are fragile include a ring and a pinion in the axles, both in the rear and front areas. The drive shafts are also quite weak.
- Classic body
- Waterproof electronics
- You need to get the battery and battery charger separately
The users believe that the Vaterra K-5 Blazer Ascender Truck is a beast and is quite well constructed. It is a reliable piece of equipment that is available at a realistic price and packs a power punch. As a matter of fact, people have been quite impressed with its overall performance and specifications.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is the truck compatible with a 2S LiPo battery?
Yes, it is compatible with a 2S LiPo battery.
Is it possible to install a plow?
Yes, you certainly can. You can also carry out tons of other additions and modifications.
Is the truck waterproof?
It is not completely waterproof. However, it certainly is water-resistant.
Does a radio controller come in its original packaging?
It is a ready to run model so a controller is included in its original packaging.
Why is there no battery in the truck?
Yes, the truck does not come with a battery and a charger which need to be bought separately.
Which one is better for this truck, 2C or 3C?
The 3C battery is better since it offers more operating time.
Is it possible to paint the truck?
The truck in its stock form is already painted red. Having said that, if you intend to get it painted again, you might not get the desired results or it will ultimately depend on the quality of the paint. Ensure that the new paint completely covers the original paint.
Tips for those buying their first RC vehicle
- The manufacturers’ name matters a lot. It is always preferable to go for the products developed by entrenched market leaders. But checking out on the burgeoning startups could also be quite useful.
- There are a number of different kinds of RC vehicles. Some of them include street cars which are fast and perform best on paved roads, drift cars which are also made for on road adventures but come with slick tires, buggy which can be used for both off road and on road, truggy which is a blend of a truck and a buggy and finally the truck which are made for some serious off-roading.
- You must choose whether you want the nitro or the electric RC vehicles. Electric vehicles are more affordable.
- You also have to decide whether you want to go for brushed or brushless motors. RC cars with brushed motors are low cost but not as powerful as one would like. Brushless motor RC cars are more powerful and efficient.
What do you think about the Vaterra K-5 Blazer Ascender Truck? Are you ready to spend some money on this monster of a truck? Are you ready to make it a member of your fleet of RC cars? As far as the feedback from some of the users is concerned, they really seem to like it. Let us know about your opinions in the comments section below.