Drones are Unmanned Aerial Vehicles or UAVs that have the ability to traverse the skies without an actual pilot aboard the aircraft.
What are Drones?
There is a high probability since you have landed on this page, that you are a novice with regard to drones and are interested in knowing about them? There are a huge amount of definitions of drones out there. As a matter of fact, people tend to create their own definitions. While some of these definitions might be true, there are a large number of those definitions that instead of making things easier for you, will leave you perplexed; still, wondering what drones actually are? In this post, we are going to provide you in-depth information about this question and ensure that it remains as brief and crisp as possible. People still give varying answers about what are drones.
Drones are Unmanned Aerial Vehicles or UAVs that have the ability to traverse the skies without an actual pilot aboard the aircraft. Having said that, their pilot is based at the ground and controls or maneuvers the device through remote access.
Furthermore, there are a number of terminologies that are similar in meaning to the above discussed jargon. One of such terms is UAS which is an acronym for Unmanned Aircraft System. Then, you must have heard about the terminology named Quadcopters. However, we will discuss about it later on in the article. One can always use synonymous terms for drones but it is not always safe to use them since most of them are related to industry usage or standard.
For instance, each term is generally used for different purposes by people who are linked to the industry one way or another. Typically, you can get to know about their histories and also about their daily routines just by the usage of terms.
Military personnel who utilize drones for military purposes generally use the term called UAS. The Unmanned Aircraft Systems or UAS are military specific drones used for tactical hegemony such as air space reconnaissance and are incorporated with a camera that is controlled via remote access. Moreover, the Unmanned Aircraft Systems are also integrated with missiles and other high grade weapons. So, if you ever listen to the term UAS from some person, you should figure it out simply that he or she belongs to the military or has some industrial association with drones.
Drones are generally described by the term UAVs or Unmanned Aerial Vehicles. Most common reply to the question whether what are drones is the term UAV. This might be a half true answer since this does not spell out the actual meaning. The term UAV is only descriptive enough for those people who are linked to the industry directly or indirectly. Those with little or no knowledge about the field will not get to understand the whole background behind the term UAVs.
Now, we move on to the term called as Quadcopters. As more and more people are entering into the hobby of flying drones, this terminology is becoming famous. These drones may be used for capturing aerial video footages or photographs during a wedding ceremony or may be interested in drone racing. So, most of the people who use drones to spend their leisure time well, generally, tend to use the term Quadcopter.
You should keep in mind that quadcopters come with four rotor blades. There are drones used for recreational purposes that are employed with more or even lesser rotor blades. They include:
- Helirotor — 1 set of rotors
- Dualrotor — 2 sets of rotors
- Trirotor — 3 sets of rotors
- Quadrotor — 4 sets of rotors
- Pentirotor — 5 sets of rotors
- Hexirotor — 6 sets of rotors
- Octorotor — 8 sets of rotors
Finally, drones are typical terms that encompass a wide array of meanings. It’s meaning is heavily reliant on the industry in which it is being utilized. Having said that, whenever we talk of a UAV, it is generally understood to be a drone. This cannot get simpler than this! We hope you would have got the answer to your question: What are drones?
AerialTEK - Mavic Pro Motor Cap Dust Cover Essential DJI Mavic Protector Accessory
- PROTECT YOUR INVESTMENT: The motors are the most valuable and most sensitive component of the drone. This small investment will save them forever.
- FOR YOUR TRAVELLING MAVIC: You bought the Mavic because it was so portable. That means it is going to be in a lot more undesirable conditions. Protect the motors from dust and any other particles.
- SMALL: These motor dust covers were intentionally made to be soft and small so that they could easily fit in your pocket when they are not protecting you Mavic Pro.
- PERFECT FIT: Perfectly and intentionally designed to be study yet slide on and off with a breeze.
- THE ORIGINAL: Don't fall for all of the cheap knock offs as there are plenty. Do not think that because the function that these serve is so simple that there aren't cheap knock offs that cause more problems than they were intended to prevent. Stay with AerialTEK. The name you can trust in DJI drone accessories
Eachine H8 Mini Quadcopter Drone Headless Mode Remote Control Nano Quadcopter RTF Mode 2 (Black)
- With Headless Mode,no need to adjust the position of aircraft before flying
- One key to return function makes it easily to find the way home
- It can realize 3D tumbling
- Lightweight airframe with nice durability
- With 4 LED lights for night flight
Cheerwing Syma X5SW-V3 FPV Explorers2 2.4Ghz 4CH 6-Axis Gyro RC Headless Quadcopter Drone UFO with HD Wifi Camera (White)
$49.98 in stock
1 used from $28.40
- Headless/IOC function. Usually, the forward direction of a flying multi-rotor is the same as the nose direction. By using headless/IOC, the forward direction has nothing to do with nose direction. This lessens the steepness of the learning curve and allows the pilot to enjoy flight while slowly learning each specific orientation of the quadcopter.
- Equipped with the latest 6-Axis flight control systems, 3D lock, more scheduled flight, operating more to the force!
- Equipped with HD camera to take photos and videos while flying! Bring a new perspective to your photos and videos from the air.
- Wi-fi FPV allows you to view photos & Video while flying it supports any IOS and Android phones. The cell phone holder keeps your phone secure all the time
- One key 360° roll, continuous roll for perfect action and wonderful performance.
AerialTEK - 1 Pair UPGRADED Carbon Fiber Propeller for DJI Phantom 4. Aluminum Alloy Seat.Stronger, Lighter and Extremely Sharp Looking 2 Blades.
- MOST IMPORTANT UPGRADE: Leave the cheap plastic factory propeller blades in the box. Upgrade and install these sleek and modern Carbon Fiber propeller blades.
- ULTRA DURABLE: Carbon Fiber material is almost indestructable
- SUPER STYLISH: Set your drone apart. Take your DJI PHantom 4 to the next level and catch everybody's eye.
- FLY BETTER: Special clear coat aerodynamic coating to fly with less resistance to achieve maximum efficiency.