Have you been looking out for the top 10 drones for 2017? If your answer is in the affirmative then your wish has come true. We bring to you the top 10 best drones for the year 2017 that are available in the market for sale. These are the top drones and have achieved great acclamation from the drone aficionados the world over. Our list includes the top 10 best drones that are being used by pilots of all sorts and backgrounds. The pilots range from hobbyists who fly drones only on weekends to professional cinematographers. These drones have appeared in the skies in unimaginable numbers in 2016 and truly are the top drones for this and coming years.
10 – Blade 350 QX3 AP Combo RTF: C-Go2 Drone
With this amazing drone called as Blade 350 QX3, the pilots get access to a couple of flight modes. These flight modes have been specifically designed to enable the dronies high quality video footages as well still images. In both the flight modes, the Blade 350 QX3, is able to hold its position when hovering over a target by making use of GPS and self-levelling and altitude sensors. The pilot can trigger the SAFE technology to do its bit by automatically landing the drone at its base station simply by pressing the Return Home key.
This feature is an ideal one for dronies who have just started flying drones. Included in our list of top 10 drones for 2016, the Blade 350 QX3, the drone follows the direction in which the control stick is being pushed when the Smart mode has been switched on. This feature is named as Stick Relativity which ensures that the direction of the device’s nose does not matter during the flight. Even when the drone is undergoing a few spins, it move to the right once the control stick is pushed to the right. A SAFE circle barrier is also created around the pilot in the Smart mode which prevents the drone from getting too close to the pilot during the course of flight.
Without the Stick Relativity mode, the Blade 350 QX3 is able to follow the instructions communicated by the controller similar to any remote controlled Unmanned Aerial Vehicle. By switching off the SAFE circle barrier, a pilot is able to exercise more control over the flight of the device. This feature allows steeper banks and pitch angles enabling quicker camera panning and tracking video footages during exciting, action oriented videos.
- Mast-mounted GPS antenna for improved GPS performance
- 5.8GHz Wi-Fi link for compatible iOS and Android devices
- Advanced SAFE (Sensor Assisted Flight Envelope) technology
- Smart Flight Mode – SAFE Circle barrier, stick relative control response and GPS/Altitude hold
- AP Flight Mode – faster panning and tracking response with GPS/Altitude hold
- Return Home function – aircraft returns to start up point and lands on its own
- Blade CGO2 GB 16MP 1080p/60 camera with integrated 3-axis brushless gimbal
[easyazon_infoblock align=”center” cart=”n” identifier=”B00PY7WJ7Q” key=”image” locale=”US” nw=”y” tag=”100300d2-20″]
9 – Chroma Flight-Ready Drone with Stabilized CGO3 4K Camera and ST-10+ Transmitter
Ranked ninth in our top 10 best drones list for the year, is this super-cool device. This one is an ideal choice for those who are looking to jump on the bandwagon of stunning 4k aerial photography and video footages. Chroma package has everything you want, folks! Let’s have a quick look at the features that it offers: – It is able to take high quality 4k definition video footages and still photographs –
The fisheye effect is eliminated by virtue of the no-distortion camera lens – Very easy to fly for beginners and pros alike – Anyone without any experience of flying drones can fly it – Everything is included in a single package – It offers a flight duration of 30 minutes which is reliant on flying style and weather conditions – State of the art SAFE Plus technology – SMART mode for rookies – AP mode designed for pros – Automated Follow Me and Tracking flight modes – Return to Base function – Live video streaming alongside telemetry data on the controller’s display screen – Makes use of GLONASS and US GPS for greater accuracy and precision – Mast mounted GPS antenna allows great quality signal reception
- Captures smooth, steady aerial video in amazing 4K definition
- No-distortion camera lens exterminates fisheye effect
- User friendly
- Everything included in a single package
- 30 minute flight duration
[easyazon_infoblock align=”center” cart=”n” identifier=”B00YH94C3Q” key=”image” locale=”US” nw=”y” tag=”100300d2-20″]
8 – Nova Tech US WINGSLAND Minivet Kit
And our next stop in our search for the top drones for the year 2017 brings us to Nova Tech US WINGSLAND Minivet Kit. You just have to choose a location or object of your choice and your WINGSLAND Minivet will focus on it during its flight or fly around it in circles autonomously. The Forward Direction can be determined by the direction of the device’s nose. In case the device flies away from the pilot and is located at a large distance, you can figure out the forward direction from the direction of its nose. When the UAV flies out of the control range or the signal strength becomes too attenuated, WINGSLAND Minivet GPS comes to the rescue and guides the drone to its original spot from where it took off. Your device is just a tap away from returning to its base station.
With the help of the display screen on the controller, you feel as if the camera is situated right beside you. You can view an uninterrupted live feed of the view covered by the drone’s camera, manipulate the shutter, alter configurations and try out a number of eye-catching features. The machine gives you an unimaginable flight duration of 25 minutes once the batteries have been fully charged. A modular design allows for the utilization of a high quality professional grade multiplaying power flight battery. The battery is very easy to install and also includes a battery level indication feature.
- Forward Direction Lock Mode: You can find the forward direction by virtue of the nose direction. This feature is extremely useful when the remote controlled device is flying at a large distance from the pilot
- High Accuracy Remote Controller: The 10 channel controller allows the dronies to fly this amazing device easily without taking hands off while trigger any of the available flight modes
- 3-Axis Stabilized Gimbal: Highly accurate 3-axis stabilized gimbal with vibration absorber sponge is very handy in damping out any vibrations and jerks experienced by the machine
- Flight Orientation and Parameters Display in Real Time: The integrated image transmission technology lets the dronie manage the flying direction and flight parameters simultaneously
- High GPS Positioning and Hovering: The device allows you to capture very stable video footages and still images
7 – Thunder Tiger Robotix Ghost Drone Kit
The drone enthusiasts all over the world are utilizing top drones to capture video footages and aerial photographs. These devices are equipped with features that allow the dronies to capture aerial shots from angles and perspectives that could never be imagined not a long time back. The Ghost+ camera quadcopter is a device manufactured by TTRobotix. It has been designed specifically for GoPro Hero 3 and GoPro Hero 4 Black action cameras.
These gadgets allow the pilot to film videos and capture still photographs by virtue of the $1,350 machine developed by Thunder Tiger. This device, which is included in our list of top drones, includes four propellers, a detachable battery and a GoPro gimbal stabilizer which is installed at the bottom. This assembly allows the quadcopter to capture very smooth videos and images without any jerks at very high resolution. Moreover, the follow me feature allows the quadcopter to track the pilot wherever he goes.
- Maximum Payload: 0.81kg
- Maximum Take-off Weight: 2.25kg
- Maximum Flight Duration: 25 minutes
- Enlarged frame plates provide sufficient room for electronic systems
- Easier to install various accessories required for aerial photography
- Intelligent power system provides battery capacity check and anti spark design
- Matte black finish body shell with sleek scheme
- Retractable landing skid provides better view of camera lens
[easyazon_infoblock align=”center” cart=”n” identifier=”B00RK5COJS” key=”image” locale=”US” nw=”y” tag=”100300d2-20″]
6 – DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ Drone with FPV HD Video Camera and 3 Axis Gimbal
This one is a gem in our list of top 10 best drones for 2016 & 2017! The DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ Drone with FPV HD Video Camera and 3-Axis Gimbal is all you can ask for if you are a cinematographer. The crystal clear high definition cameras and 3-axis gimbal allows you to capture stunningly smooth video footages and photographs.
The still images are of high resolution while the live video feed is made possible with the help of the high definition video camera. An integrated First Person View is also provided in this superb machine. The 5,200 mAh battery allows you to enjoy the flight for no less than 25 minutes. This devices also comes with an inbuilt GPS while it is possible to configure program features using the integrated USB port.
- Works with the 14 MP Still and 1080p Video
- Powerful WI-FI Downlink from smartphones
- Well-defined control through iOS and Android powered Apps
- The flying duration is 25 minutes for the quadcopter
- Top of the line Intelligent Orientation Control
- Designed with self-tightening Props and includes spare 5,200 mAh Battery
[easyazon_infoblock align=”center” cart=”n” identifier=”B00P309MZ6″ key=”image” locale=”US” nw=”y” tag=”100300d2-20″]
5 – Yuneec Q500 4K Typhoon Drone
This is a ready to takeoff drone which is part of our top 10 drones list. It comes with CGO3-GB Camera, SteadyGrip and Camera Aluminium Case. The aluminium case is manufactured by Yuneec themselves. The original packaging also includes a pre-installed transmitter or radio controller. In addition to being a remote controlled multi-rotor UAV, the Yuneec Q500 4K Typhoon Drone is essentially an APV – a drone dedicated for Aerial Photography and Videos! In order to serve this purpose, the device includes a CGO3-GB camera, a 3-axis stabilized gimbal that allows the camera to capture 4K definition video footages, video recording at 1080p resolution at a frame rate of up to 120 frames per second and take images at 12 mega pixels.
- Radio controller with built-in touchscreen
- An inbuilt 3-axis gimbal stabilized camera
- 4K/30fps ultra high definition video, 1080p/120fps slow motion video
- User controlled video resolution, white balance and light exposure
- 12 megapixel photos with No-Distortion Lens
[easyazon_infoblock align=”center” cart=”n” identifier=”B0118FM72Y” key=”image” locale=”US” nw=”y” tag=”100300d2-20″]
4 – 3DR Solo Drone Kit
The Solo Drone manufactured by 3D Robotics is included in our list of top 10 best drones for this year. It has been developed taking into account the GoPro Hero action camera. This devices comes with a stabilizing gimbal and allows a number of imaging related flight modes. Follow Me mode and Cablecam mode are a couple of imaging specific flight modes. The flight control system is managed by a microprocessor while the device consists of a quad rotor flying configuration. Moreover, stable flight and autonomous flying are the additional features that come with this superb machine. The ground station unit is dependent on the Global Positioning System for navigational coordinates and also keeps track of the data acquired from the gyros, accelerators and other integrated sensors.
This ensures that the flight remains as safe as possible. The Solo drone package includes the Solo Gimbal which is a 3-axis stabilizing module that supports GoPro Hero 3+ or GoPro Hero 4 cameras. This is a ready to takeoff package that also includes a pre-installed radio controller. The transmitter has been designed keeping in mind the ubiquitous video game controllers to allow for an intuitive operation. The ground station unit includes dual joysticks that are used in flying the device. The Solo Gimbal can be managed using the dedicated dials integrated in the controller. Moreover, the machine can be controlled via the Android or iOS powered smartphone apps. You can exercise complete control over the device in terms of the flight, camera and stabilization right from the app. A smartphone mount also comes with the radio controller.
- Capture Aerial Photos/Video with a GoPro
- Linear Tracking with Cablecam Mode
- Follow Me: Tracks Your Mobile Device; HDMI Output on Transmitter
- Android and iOS Mobile Apps; Video Game-Style Controls
- Return Home and “Safety Net” Modes; One-Button Flying / “Pause” Button
- Operate GoPro Through App; Works with Optional Solo Gimbal
[easyazon_infoblock align=”center” cart=”n” identifier=”B01636ILHI” key=”image” locale=”US” nw=”y” tag=”100300d2-20″]
3 – DJI Phantom 3 Professional Drone with 4K UHD Video Camera
Another phenomenal aircraft in our list of Top 10 drones for 2017 is Phantom 3 Professional Drone with 4K Ultra Hi Definition Video Camera. DJI have been able to instill in this spectacular device a class of their own; one that can not be replicated anywhere else in terms of quality as well as features. The latest edition of Phantom 3 lets the pilots capture video footages either at 4K Ultra High Definition or at 1080p resolution. The still images are captured using the 12 mega pixel camera that comes with a Sony EXMOR sensor. The camera lens offers a focal length of 2.8 and an angle of view of 20 mm. The 3-axis gimbals allows the device to stay steady during its flight.
The Ultra High Definition professional grade camera captures video footages at 4096 x 2160 at a frame rate of 24 frames per second or at 3840 x 2160 at either 24 frames per second or 30 frames per second. You can also transmit a live feed of your drone’s view to the DJI Pilot application and ultimately to YouTube. Both the versions are able to capture videos at 1920 x 1080 at 24/30/60 frames per second. A user can also get access to camera parameters such as ISO, shutter speed and exposure etc. You can upgrade you Phantom 3 with a battery unit for better quality in-flight sensors and a speed charger as well.
- Support is provided for RAW format for high quality images. The smartphone application allows for greater control and endless possibilities in terms of Aerial Photography and Video
- High end visual positioning system without Global Positioning System
- Indoor positioning is enabled with easy takeoff and land with a push button
- Light-bridge technology as it enables the pilot to see the focus of the Phantom 3 camera in HD (720p) from a distance up to 1 mile without any delay
- The flying camera clicks photos in less than a minute with professional quality videos from the sky
- The Phantom 3 shoots 12-megapixel photos using 94 FOV (Field of view) with distortion free lens
[easyazon_infoblock align=”center” cart=”n” identifier=”B00ZVBPNX2″ key=”image” locale=”US” nw=”y” tag=”100300d2-20″]
2 – DJI T600 Inspire 1 Drone
This is a top of the line drone that comes equipped with innovative features and cutting edge technology. DJI T600 Inspire 1 Drone comes in a ready to takeoff configuration and includes dual controllers that let you share the flying experience with your co-pilot. While one person manages the flight operations, the other one takes care of the camera for aerial photography and video.
The device is equipped with a formidable fibre arm lift to focus on the way you shoot. You get an unhampered and crystal clear omnidirectional view of the world to capture images and shoot videos. Videos can be recorded at 4K Ultra High Definition while photographs can be captured at 12 megapixels. The camera lens includes 9 elements in 9 divisions including the aspherical element which ensures that you get crystal clear view. In order to support flight telemetry, Adobe DNG camera is included. Autonomous takeoff and landing are just a button away from the pilot!
- Embedded with 360-degree aerial photography and video (APV)
- Modular camera with gimbal design for quick transportation 720 HD live video output
- Control by the photographer and the pilot using a gimbal and model
- An innovative and latest algorithm with high capacity battery. Battery status tracked
- Transmitter fitted to FPV needs with special buttons for photos and videos
- Home functions available with smartphone controllable
- The operating Frequency is 5.728 GHz-5.8 Ghz, 2.4GHz-2.4GHz. The output port for video USB, HDMI with the dual user capability which is Host and Slave is available
[easyazon_infoblock align=”center” cart=”n” identifier=”B00PQISFO4″ key=”image” locale=”US” nw=”y” tag=”100300d2-20″]
1 – DJI Inspire 1 Pro Zenmuse X5 4K Camera Drone RTF
This one is the best drone in our coveted list of top 10 drone in 2017. The Zemuse X5 provides you access to the world’s first set of Micro Four Thirds cameras that have been developed taking into account the needs and requirements for aerial photography and videos. These amazing set of cameras are further aided by the incredible quality of images and videos thanks mainly to the 3-axis gimbal. The gimbal ensures that the device remains steady during flight while the drone is very easy to control.
All these features allow the pilots to do stuff never imagined before! The DJI Inspire 1 Pro includes a single radio controller while the other one can be added as an auxiliary tool. In this configuration, one pilot can control the flight operations while the other can play around with the camera. We reckon this one as the king of all drones in 2016!
- Package Includes: Custom Painted Carbon Fiber Inspire 1 PRO Zenmuse X5 4K Camera Quad + 1 Tb47 Battery and 1 Tb48 Battery in Carbon Fiber Design + Hard Case + All Included Accessories + Free Drones Etc. Lanyard!
- Ready-to-takeoff model
- Live, wireless HD video transmission via DJI Lightbridge
- Dedicated radio controller with flight and camera controls
- Powerful Android and iOS powered app to adjust camera settings, edit videos, and more
[easyazon_infoblock align=”center” cart=”n” identifier=”B016ESBFH8″ key=”image” locale=”US” nw=”y” tag=”100300d2-20″]